Sunday 11 May 2014

6 weeks to go...

With 6 weeks left of school left its hard not to get a bit stressed every now and again but like most things you have to just get on with it. On Sunday and Monday I was working on my floral project and ended up with some drawings and prints. After drawing and adding colour to a flower I wanted to look at just the shape of them. I took inspiration from a rose because its a well known shape that people would recognize. Using tracing paper and a bold pen I did repeat pattern of the rose shape. I made them overlap slightly to give it another form and look. I then decided I wanted to make a stamp of some sort to capture the lines and shapes I had just created. I looked around my house and found some cardboard and sting which I used to create a simple but recognizable rose shape stamp. I used this stamp to print onto paper and fabric. Because I did not have fabric paint I had to use acrylic which I had to play around with water to get the right and consistency and to delay the drying time so the paint would transfer onto the paper/fabric rather than just drying up. It was a fun technique to do and I quite like the look of the printing on the organza.
Because Monday was a bank holiday we were in the studio for only 2 days. The first day I went back to my Native American project and did some more research and got inspiration. This final major project is a development from a project I had done a while back that I liked looking into. Because of this I decided to make myself a sketchbook rather than working back into the sketchbook or spending time on portfolio sheet. This way its a bit more free and less cluttered, it will allow me to focus on just drawings and sample rather than the presentation of how I lay things on a page. Starting a whole new clean sketchbook would just make me worry about filling all the pages, this way I can control how much work/pages I do. If I want to I can even add a few more pages at the end and continue. This time round I need to focus alot more on the textile samples and developing them into design Ideas. Hopefully I have enough time to do all this on top of designing and creating some final garments for our fashion show.

No comments:

Post a Comment